[mythtv-users] livetv buffer in backend?

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Wed Oct 5 14:09:12 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm assuming it is the backend which controls the liveTV buffer. If that is
correct, does the backend keep the buffer even if there are no frontends
connected watching tv?

In other words, if I startup the frontend and watch tv, will the buffer be
already active and I can rewind if necessary? Or does the buffer only
accumulate if a frontend is watching tv? Better yet, if the frontend is
running, but I'm not watching tv, say it's just sitting on the menu, is the
liveTV buffer going?

Ricardo