[mythtv-users] PVR 350, record from VCR

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Thu Oct 6 01:23:44 UTC 2005

On Friday 19 August 2005 11:17 pm, Nick wrote:
> On 8/19/05, Jesse Guardiani <jesse at wingnet.net> wrote:
> > Nick wrote:

> Jesse,
>
> >From Erik's reply to another thread, this might be exactly what you're after:
>
> http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware1.asp#av_cable
>
> It would allow both devices to be hardwired separately to SVideo
> inputs and the changing of the input can be controlled via software.
>
> *Thanks Erik*

I bought one of those and shelved it for a while. I finally got around
to testing it out a few days ago, and the video input works GREAT, but
the audio inputs don't show up in `ivtvctl -A`:

# ivtvctl -A
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUMAUDIO
        Input   : 0
        Name    : Tuner Audio In

        Input   : 1
        Name    : Audio Line In

I'm running ivtv 0.3.8. Seeing as how someone here suggested that I
buy one of these addon av_cables, I thought it would surely work!

Does anyone have one of these working properly for audio input using
ivtv? What version of ivtv are you running? And what card type do you
have (i.e. 150/250/350/etc)?

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani