[mythtv-users] DCT2000 SLOW!

Tony O'Rourke sonicwrx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 04:56:14 UTC 2005

I have managed to get mythtv to change the channel via a serial cable hooked
up to the cable box, in my case a Motorola DCT2000. It runs the
changechannel.py script supplied with mythtv. But here is the rub: the
channels change super slow- like 8 seconds slow. It works, but is
unacceptably slow.

I believe my serial ports are configures correctly comparing the output of

dmesg | grep ttyS

and setserial -g /dev/ttyS1

These settings agree with the settings in the bios. In other words I believe
the serial port is configured properly.

Anybody have any idea what is not right?

--
--Tony

The mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled.-Plutarch