[mythtv-users] mythbackend hardware suggestions?

Erik Andersson e.anderzon at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:09:01 UTC 2005

Allan Mcintosh wrote:

> I have
>
> Nvidia GeForce FX5200 TV-Out card
> Hauppauge pvr250
>

> I was looking at either of the following combinations:
>
> AMD Sempron 2500+ 64 + MSI K8N NEO-V
>
> Or
>
> AMD Sempron 2500+ 64 + ASUS K8V-X-SE
>
> Any specific's to avoid?
>
> I was looking through the PVR Hardware database but there is no
> motherboard colum.

Depends on what capture cards you want to use with it.  The ivtv capture
cards has
(historically) had some problems with via chipsets.  But then again,
my  EPIA  (via)
backend now runs several months non-stop until it crashes on the ivtv
driver.

One thing you should look into is the powersafe funtion of the
motherboard/CPU, and the support for it in the linux kernel. Nforce2
cards works ok with 2.6 kernels.

/Eric