[mythtv-users] Buffer file not rolling

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Fri Oct 7 02:24:47 UTC 2005

	I have an interesting situation here that I have been noticing
lately. Last time I reinstalled my myth box, I decide to make a
dedicated partition for the buffer files. That way, no matter how much
I have already recorded, I always have the same amount of LiveTV buffer.

	What I notice, however, is that when I start watching LiveTV,
the ring buffer file starts growing and never stops. It just doesn't
act as a ring buffer but rather as a normal file. Eventually, the
partition fills up and mythbackend goes into this infinite loop said
that there is not more space left on the device. What I have to do is
remove the ringbuffer file manually and then restart the backend.

	I did a search in the mailing list but did not find anyting
useful. Has anyone else see this? Does anyone know what might be going
wrong?

	thanx

--
Mitko Haralanov