[mythtv-users] MythTV Filled Hard drive MySQL service will notstart at boot.

Jim Reith reith at racores.com
Fri Oct 7 14:13:48 UTC 2005

At 10:01 AM 10/7/2005, you wrote:
>My mythbackend.log file is just 6K, so I don't think that is the problem.
>Any other suggestions?
>
>Chris

When my system crashed and died, it was the system logs that overfilled and
caused it to crash. On my distribution they were in /var/log/ (messages*
for example) It got to the point where my system couldn't boot because it
couldn't write the "out of space" log entry because the log was "out of
space"... duh! If you don't have separate partitions set up that could fill
up the file system. Use the df and du commands to find where it's being
hogged (and use man df or man du to see what they tell you)

Jim