[mythtv-users] Re: Comcast being coy?

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:04:44 UTC 2005

No, you don't need (or want) the DVR version. The DCT-6200 box is what you
want. The Comcast reps definitely don't know what they're talking about, and
have no idea what Firewire is. However, if you have them search their
knowledge base for "IEEE-1394" (the technical name for Firewire) they will
find a blurb that states how "they must enable the port due to a new
law/regulation blah blah blah." Regardless, just have them send you a 6200
and you'll be fine.

As to what channels you actually get, this is something that seems to vary
from market to market. I'm in the Twin Cities, and I get all analog and
digital channels, with the exception of the HBO's. (interetsingly, I used to
get the HBO's but now I don't...)