[mythtv-users] Re: (Ciaran) - New MythMusic Theme - 4 Bins

Brad Benson bbenso1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:29:29 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, Graeme Hilton <graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk> wrote:

> Ciaran wrote:
> > Hmm, perhaps my usage is strange behaviour then. Effectively I'd like
> > it to 'use up' items on a playlist, so its busy playing random songs,
> > then I enqueue a song to play next, then one after, and then one after
> > that, once its played one song on the 'queued' list it then plays the
> > next, then the next, but after that one, the 'queued' list is played
> > out and it just goes back to playing whatever it was going to do
> > before, either part of a playlist or general random play.
> >
> > Often I'll have set up the playlist to play say some 'Muse', then
> > someone says, oh I was listening to this great track the other night,
> > have you got .... 'Hey jude' . ...clickity click, hey jude comes up ,
> > plays through and then it automatically goes back to the 'muse'
> > playlist,
> >
> > But perhaps no-one else wants behaviour like this, and I just need to
> > re-train myself ;)
>
> You're not the only person who would want this functionality. It sounds
> like something I would use a lot of the time.
>
> Agreed. I would love something like this as well. In fact, the software I
used before I built my Myth box had this exact functionality and it was
great for parties and similar gatherings. When I use MythMusic for parties
no one really touches the playlist, they just bitch to me if they don't like
something that's playing and then I have to go adjust the playlist. This
queueing functionality would be great as it would let anyone add songs to
the playlist very easily.