[mythtv-users] Wireless or 10/100 BaseT?

Todd Houle thoule at wesleyan.edu
Fri Oct 7 21:02:35 UTC 2005

I use it over 100MB and it works great (obviously).  Over 802.11b
(old style), I get a 1/2 second deley every 3 seconds of show.  It's
a bit annoying, but it does work which is cool.  I'll get a new
router someday (I have an 802.11g card), but it's not in the budget
right now...    10BaseT should work for playback as long as not much
else is going on with your network..   no promises though...   A
100MB card should go for $15 at some computer shop...   Of course,
you'll need a 100MB switch or a long cross-over cable.
   Todd