[mythtv-users] Buffer file not rolling

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 03:21:26 UTC 2005

On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 12:10:38 -0400
"Joseph A. Caputo" <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> The ringbuffer will grow until it reaches the max size configured in the
> database.  Try setting your max ringbuffer size to a smaller value;
> it's in mythtv-setup, a setting called "Live TV buffer (GB)".

Well, my dedicated partition is 10GB and I set the live buffer to grow
up to... well, 10GB. But there must be some number that is a bit off.

I lowered it to 9GB so I'll see how it goes...

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net

Named after the late existential philosopher, SARTRE is an extremely
unstructured language.  Statements in SARTRE have no purpose; they just
are. Thus SARTRE programs are left to define their own functions. SARTRE
programmers tend to be boring and depressed, and are no fun at parties.