[mythtv-users] PVR-30 - Could not find suitable XVideo surface

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 8 09:30:13 UTC 2005

What version of the ivtv xdriver are you using?
The best thing would be to use the latest xdriver and also to look into the
x log file to find out why Xv isn't being enabled.
Mail me the log file if you need help.
Myth will not play back over the 350 if the mpeg stream is not of the
correct type. For example TS recordings from DVB cards will cause it to try
and use Xv even if the selection to use the 350 is set.

John