[mythtv-users] Streaming PCR350 Recordings to Windows

Keith R b0593e440 at heavyk.org
Sat Oct 8 16:21:41 UTC 2005

I'd like to be able to play the hardware encoded mythtv
recordings on a Windows PC by clicking on the recorded show link
on mythweb.

With enough monkeying around I've gotten it to play thru Windows
Media Player if I download the entire file then change the
extension to .mpg.  In testing I've tried changing the extension
on the web server to .mpg rather than .nuv.  This works but first
the entire recording is downloaded.

Does anyone know the trick to streaming the recording?  Hacking
the mythweb to change the file extension and file type are not a
big deal from my perspective.  What's missing for me is the right
combo of:

  - media playing software
  - file extension
  - media type