[mythtv-users] ITX vs ATX for dual-DVB system

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Oct 8 23:18:46 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:

>Just wait until
>they start pumping out proper 1080 video and all those people who
>bought HDTV-ready plasmas and LCDs (with a native v-res of 720 pixels)
>realise they've been shafted...

I'm completely amazed at how few people I've talked to feel like they
got "shafted" when they purchased their 720p displays.  Now that Samsung
and Mitsubishi have 1080p DLP's and 1080P LCD's are starting to become
commonplace, I've talked with a bunch of people who own 720p TV's and
they all seem to just see it as "normal."

It seems that people have become so accustomed to buying a computer
that's obsolete by the time they get it home that they even see the
1080p displays as "normal technological progression."  Some are even
considering upgrading their 720p displays.  Pretty amazing that people
think nothing of a $3000 TV becoming obsolete within a couple of years.

Just an observation . . . for what it's worth.

Mike