[mythtv-users] FC3 install using yum

Andrew Spruce andrewspruce at uwclub.co.uk
Sun Oct 9 14:58:14 UTC 2005

I have recently installed FC3, run yum update and (about half a day
later) tried installing the mythtv suite using yum. I get :

Error: Missing Dependency: mysql-server is needed by package mythtv-suite
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythtv-setup
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythtv-frontend
Error: Missing Dependency: php-mysql >= 4.2.2 is needed by package mythweb
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythtv-backend
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythgame
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package libmyth
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythmusic
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Compress::Zlib) is needed by package
xmltv-grabbers
Error: Missing Dependency: libexif.so.12 is needed by package mythgallery
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythdvd
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythphone
Error: Missing Dependency: libFLAC.so.7 is needed by package mythmusic
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythgallery
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mythvideo
Error: Missing Dependency: perl(Compress::Zlib) is needed by package
perl-Archive-Zip
Error: Missing Dependency: libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is needed by
package mjpegtools

I would have thought that these libs would have been available via the
atRPM repositories.

(I've already added :
[root at localhost mythtv-0.18.1]# ls /etc/yum.repos.d/
atrpms.repo  atrpms.repo.1  freshrpms.repo )

Also tried downloading the source which seems to require qmake that is
also absent in FC3 (although I'm sure this was either in the distro for
Debian or at least available via apt).

Seem to have hit a wall on the install.
Any ideas.
I have a feeling that libstdc++.so.6(GLIBCXX_3.4.4) is a FC2 lib so can
I hack yum.conf to allow an install of an older lib (is this a good idea?)
I've tried downloading the rpm and force installing it but that didn't
seem to work either, yum is unaware of the update.

Has anyone got mythtv working on FC3, the instructions i've seen are for
FC4.

I've started to think moving to FC3 from Debian was a bad idea (i did it
because I had some problems getting libs for most of the plugins)

Many Thanks
Andrew