AW: [mythtv-users] Current SVN DVB Choppiness

pschormeir at iiv.de pschormeir at iiv.de
Mon Oct 10 11:53:07 UTC 2005

Yep, I have exactly the same problem here.
Sound is perfect, but video looks like stop and go traffic.
Also have the prebuffering pause messages.

Backend : XP2500, 512MB, DVB Nova-CI-S
Frontends : P4 2000, 256MB, ATI M7500 and XP3000+, 768MB, ATI 9600
All machines running under gentoo with 2.6.12/13 kernel

I have the feeling, that the effect is less if I do not run mythbackend as a service. I also have the feeling that the backend is
more stable in terms of channel changing, if it is not running as service.

Fritz