[mythtv-users] Auto expire setting ambiguity

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 10 13:50:39 UTC 2005

> When I am in the recorded media section and selecting a recording to
> watch, I can hit a right arrow key and myth pops up a dialog box with
> various buttons - one of which says 'Auto Expire'.
>
> Does this mean the recording it set to auto expire, or does it mean that
> if I press the button, it wiull THEN be set to autoexpire?  If I press
> it, and go back and look at it again, it now says 'Don't auto expire'.

There are also "Play" and "Delete" buttons.  Do these buttons mean the
recording is playing and has been deleted or do they mean that if you click
them, then they will "Play" or "Delete" the recording? :)

> You really need a checkbox or something to make the useage of the button
> clear as it is quite ambiguous the way it is.

Doesn't seem abiguous at all if you think about all the other buttons
that are there.  You click a button to do the action printed on the button
label.  You Press "Play" on a CD player to play the CD, you press "Stop"
to stop playing.  You press "Auto Expire" to turn ON Auto-Expire for a
recording.  You press "Don't Auto Expire" to turn OFF Auto-Expire for
a recording.

--
Chris