[mythtv-users] diskless backend?

Sonni Nørløv mythtv-users at sluge.dk
Mon Oct 10 17:11:14 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a setup with a backend/frontend running on a diskless server in
my living room, and a 24x7 server  running mysql and nfs, and the daily
tv channel update.

Main reason for this is setup is that I have no antenna at the 24x7
server location, and did not want or needed the idle power consumption
of the tuner card when not in use. Also I could then use the remote on
the prv250 tuner.

This setup has been running ok for over a year now, the main issue is
that I have no mythweb on the 24x7 server unless the backend is running,
which requires it to be booted.

The servers are connect with 100mbit, so there is no issues with the
required bandwidth.

regards
Sonni