[mythtv-users] S-video TV-out to TV's composite input (solution)

Richard Reiner rreiner3 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 19:19:09 UTC 2005

In a change from the most common form of posting on this list, I
thought I'd share a solution rather than a problem:

Challenge: connect my new secondary front-end, which has an Nvidia card
with s-video TV output, to an older TV with only composite inputs.

Solution: build this circuit:
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/circuits/svideo2cvideo.html using a
5-cent ceramic capacitor and a couple of cable ends.  Works great, and
less filling than buying a commercial S-video-to-composite adapter.

Richard