[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Home Automation

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:03:17 UTC 2005

My nightly cron included (I didn't have a garage door ) a script to make
sure appropriate lights were off, I'd make all the lights come on that were
turned on with motion sensors brighten to 50% and dim back to 0%. The
software would tell you the state of a given module with the status command.

I had an 'away' routine (because of my guys night out crew but thats a
different post) that would turn on and off certain lights in the house to
make it look lived in, rather than one light coming on and staying on for
several hours and then turn off. I would turn on a light in the living room
starting at around 8:30pm in the summer. I'd let that run until about
10:30pm, then I would turn on the hall light for 10 minutes, and I'd have my
bedroom light on the nighttable come on until 11:15. This simulated a night
routine I normally would have. It was VERY effective, especially if I left
my truck in the laneway.

When I get home from work, I'll dig around and find all my old software. I
had started writing preliminary docs trying to plan things like motion
sensors and one for switches, and all kinds of things.
Basically I used all the module numbers and letters in seperate areas to
make good structure.

--
-=/>Thom