[mythtv-users] Controlling a cable box that outputs only on a single channel.

Steve stgarf at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 21:11:40 UTC 2005

I have a strange predicament, or at least I haven't stumbled upon anyone
else with it yet. I have a Scientific Atlanta 4200HD box. I am using the
cable out on the back of my cable box and it goes into my second tuner card
(PVR-250). Here's the problem:
 The cable box's cable out only broadcasts on channel 3. So when Myth has a
listing for lets say... channel 5, it tunes from 3 to 5. Now it only picks
up static, however for it to work, it needs to stay tuned on 3. The cable
box can be on whatever channel needs to be recorded, that's why I bought an
IR Blaster, but getting that to work is a problem for later. I hope most, or
at least all of this, made sense.