[mythtv-users] Frontend Segmentation Fault

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Wed Oct 12 08:29:07 UTC 2005

When playing back video recorded by myth using my DVB-T card, I see
quite a lot of glitches.  I am intending to improve the antenna to see
if that improves the reception.  Meanwhile, occasionally, and recording
will consistently crash the frontend with a segmentation fault. (see the
output I have copied to the end of this for an example)   I guess I am
trouble understanding how this happens, but I am not a programmer.
Shouldn't the playback handle the damaged video file without crashing?
Kaffeine plays the video OK.

I am using
$ mythfrontend --version
0.18.20050523-1

as provided by rpms for Mandriva from plf

[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 27 21
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]ac-tex damaged at 21 21
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]invalid mb type in B Frame at 8 22
[mpeg2video @ 0xb77d0434]invalid mb type in B Frame at 15 23