[mythtv-users] Converting MythWEB WAP theme to chtml

Joe Buckshin jbuckshin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:42:16 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Neale Swinnerton <mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com> wrote:

> > The problem is that my phone (and any I-Mode emulator) is bringing up
> > the html code in the WAP theme directory as a black screen. I thought
> > that this was because it was WML or something, but if it is indeed
> > html (it is! confirmed through firefox!) then something in the code is
> > not going over well with the chtml browser. I just have to identify
> > what is making the black screen...
> >

> Have you tried my patch?
>
> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/327
>
> It might render a bit better, although I've only really tested on a SE
> P910i, the new handheld.css stylesheet my help

I would start with a little 'hello world' chtml page.  Put it on the
server and make sure your phone can see it.  Once you have established
that the connection is ok and the phone is able to display the content
you can start to modify the pages.  From what I understand, chtml is
stripped down html, and doesn't support certain tags.  You will
probably need to remove things like tables and images (depending on
the model phone you have).  Start reading through some of the chtml
specs to see what needs to be changed.

w3 spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/NOTE-compactHTML-19980209/

outline of docomo's extensions by browser level:
http://www.nttdocomo.co.jp/english/p_s/i/tag/s1.html

Also, some emulators have debug output to help you determine what
problems have occurred.

Joe