[mythtv-users] Firewire and DCT-6200

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 18:28:27 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

> On Oct 11, 2005, at 20:23, Curtis Stanford wrote:
>
> > Is anyone seriously using firewire input with a dct-6200 receiver
> > reliably?
>
> /me raises hand.
>
> > I just got mine working a few days ago and when it's working, it's
> > great. However, more often than not, recordings come up short or
> > the channel doesn't change. It hasn't made it through an hour long
> > recording yet without the backend saying:
> >
> > Firewire: No Input in 15 seconds [P:0 N:1] (select)
> >
> > Then the recording stops. If anyone has any experience with this,
> > I'd appreciate a pointer to the component that may be giving me
> > problems. Is it the receiver, mythtv, linux, or my cheap firewire
> > card?
>
> My money would be on the firewire card. Your symptoms sound similar
> to those I saw with the onboard firewire on one of my systems. A
> different FireWire card (WD one bundled with a drive that I got ages
> ago) and the FW port on my Audigy sound cards all work great though
> (currently using the Audigy's port in production).
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

Was this using Myth from src?... or running the lastest RPMs posted on
ATrpms?

I'm running the latest "stable" (non-bleeding) RPMs, and have the same
problems as Curtis.

My FireWire card:
Kouwell Model KW-1582V <http://www.kouwell.com.tw/pr-m3.htm#1582v> - (aka
BTC 1394 PCI Card)
http://www.kouwell.com.tw/pr-m3.htm#1582v

If I recall correctly, it was listed in linux1394.org
<http://linux1394.org>compatibility list at the time I bought it.

Thanks,
Dave