[mythtv-users] Re: OT: MythTV Home Automation

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 03:57:32 UTC 2005

On 10/11/05, Mat Kyne <matkyne at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am glad to know that my assumption about the people on this list was
> correct. - Unfortunately Heyu and Heyu2 will not work for me (I have the
> Firecracker PC Module),

That is unfortunate. I have the old stuff, and I have the module that works
with heyu.

I have heard
> about Linux computer based answering machines, that will effectively give
> you voicemail. It seems to me that any computer can discern one touch-tone
> from another. So why can't I use specific tones to run specific commands.
> -(this is one of the few times I wished I had chosen computer engineering
> over mechanical engineering)- Surely some one has thought of this before.
> Thanks for the replies, and keep 'em coming. -Mat

Let me check my linuxtoys book. I think I read in there exactly that. At
least you could run a script that would talk to the module and maybe give
you some feedback. Ir maybe you could force the module to reset itself to
either on or off.

--
-=/>Thom