[mythtv-users] Re: OT: nVidia and XvMC?

Mark Linford mlinford+mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 00:30:22 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, Mark Linford <mlinford at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/12/05, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:

> > > Yep, I have that exact XvMCConfig file, with no luck ...
> >
> > Check ls -lu /etc/X11/XvMCConfig before and after running the frontend.
>
> Before running mythfrontend:
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 27 Oct 12 05:40 /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
>
> And after:
> -rw-r--r--  1 root root 27 Oct 12 17:14 /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
>
> Hmmm. Is it supposed to change like that?

A couple of other things I forgot to mention:

Looking at my /var/log/Xorg.0.log file, I see this line:

(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

So, it looks like nVidia is using XvMC ...

Also, searching various nVidia-related boards didn't yield any
definitive answers to my problem, but it did mention a few people
having problems with XvMC with various incarnations of nVidia's
drivers. Also, nothing about my specific card (6200). So, if anyone
has a similar setup to mine, and you have XvMC working, could you
please tell me which version of nVidia's drivers you're using? Thanks!

Mark