[mythtv-users] MythTV and Comcast On Demand

Carl Fongheiser carlfongheiser at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:20:31 UTC 2005

On 10/12/05, jesse k <kirchner at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I have a MythTV/Gentoo box which is working very nicely. I've managed
> to enable all the functionality I want other than getting premium
> channels to work (the various HBOs). This is fine with me as On Demand
> obviates the need to record those shows. However, the hardware I've
> used to split and amplify my cable signal seems to interfere with the
> On Demand service.

On Demand most likely requires use of a return channel, which your amplifier
may be blocking. If you can find an amplifier compatible with cable modems,
you likely will have found one that will work for you. The splitter is most
likely not the problem -- the frequency range you quoted is adequate for
cable modems and digital cable on most systems.

Carl Fongheiser