[mythtv-users] changing channels on a bt848

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:22:44 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, W.Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Can someone describe how mythtv changes channels with a v4l analog card
> (bt848)?  The card works fine using xawtv, but I cant get channel
> changing to work within myth even though I can get a picture if I preset
> the channel.  A DVB-T card installed works fine.

You need to make sure that the freqid field for those channels you
receive on the analog card is populated with the correct frequency
information for your area. In my case, in the UK where analog channel
'numbers' are between 20-69, I have the appropriate frequency number
for the 5 analog channels in my channels table.

You should be able to make sure the fields are correctly populated
using the channel editor in mythtv-setup.

Nick