[mythtv-users] Channel Deletion and Wildcard Channel Rules - 2 annoying problems!

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Oct 13 02:39:52 UTC 2005

David Bennett wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   A small annoying problem I have been having, but since I am NOT
> using ZapIt (in Japan, so xhtml), I can't seem to figure it out.
>
> 1) Deleting Channels -> I have deleted these unneeded channels a
> billion times from MythWEB. But every time I run mythfilldatabase they
> are back (both on the front end and in mythweb) they are back.

That's because your grabber is regrabbing them. You need to comment
them out in your whatever.xmltv file

channel: 66 TRAV
not channel: 67 CSPAN2

> 2) Channel Rules -> I asked a while back how to search for a program
> and then record it. I was told to setup a Wildcard Search from the
> front end since it is not possible on MythWEB. After I set it up, I
> cannot find it on any menus but it just works. Now that I want to make

Careful, you're describing your ability to find. Schedule Recordings->
Search Words. Each of these pages start with a popup that has a button
labled "Record" where you create search rules.

> some changes, I don't know how to alter/delete these search and
> records. Again, is there some menu somewhere that has them, or do I
> have to manually do it through the database (if so, how).

Regardless of how a rule is created, search, manual, or regular rule,
the Set Priorities lists all of your rules. Select the one you want to
delete and change the record type to "Do not record this program".

--  bjm