[mythtv-users] PVR-350 Was Working, Now Isn't

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Thu Oct 13 03:13:38 UTC 2005

Nick wrote:
> It's therefore less likely to be MythTV (make sure you have checked
> Use PVR-350 output in frontend setup) and could be ivtv setup related.
> Were you using the ivtv xv driver to run your X session, or just using
> the PVR output for live TV and recordings?

That's funny, I posted the same question to ivtv-users and they said it
was not likely to be an ivtv problem and I should ask mythtv-users! :)

In any case, you're both right. The error was between keyboard and
chair. I was using VNC to access the mythtv box while I'm setting it up.
If I select the option "Use PVR-350 Hardware MPEG Decoder" (however that
option is phrased), then VNC displays a black screen. However, the
S-Video output from the 350 shows the correct image.

Obviously, (in retrospect) VNC knows nothing about the 350 MPEG decoder
and cannot display the image created. Mea Culpa.

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

Kirk