[mythtv-users] Re: Who wants to help me develop a new theme? It's time.

Brad mythtv at braddolman.com
Thu Oct 13 03:52:57 UTC 2005

> The gods of User Experience have spoken (
> http://www.apple.com/imac/frontrow.html ) let's offer them the highest
> form of flattery.
>
> Lets see if we can get a hold of some full res screenshots, and put
> together a team to turn this out quickly. Please reply to this email
> with a list of your skills.

My very first thought when I saw that was "Wow, that looks nice... I
wonder if I could make a MythTV theme like that...".  That said, I
don't think I can. :-) But I'd be willing to try. I've already done
one MythTV theme - which I use everyday -- and love. Its a far cry
from the silky goodness that Apple is serving up though.

There's a Front Row walk-through here: http://www.apple.com/imac/
tour/ . I'm not so sure about some of the sound effects, but
certainly its the simplest and cleanest UI I've seen for this type of
application. I love how your desktop transitions to Front Row...
that's cool (although not necessary for MythTV). I really like how it
is very iPod-like to step through various screens. I don't think we
could get some of the eye-candy on my poor little Celeron -- I guess
they are using Quartz Extreme for some of the reflections/transitions/
etc.

Brad