[mythtv-users] Channel TEN (AU) tuned to wrong channel (DVB)

Philip Shead drinnen at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 13 05:56:22 UTC 2005

David Whyte wrote:
> Hi,

> I set a recording for the F1 on Sunday and when I went to check that
> it was actually ocurring (I sometimes get zero byte recordings) I was
> recording the wrong channel.  I was actually recording the TEN channel
> guide, which shows the currently playing program in the corner
> including the sound, but lists the upcoming shows and other ads etc.

> I seem to recall something about this being mentioned before, but
> couldn't find it anywhere so wanted ask whether there is anything I
> can do to prevent it from happening in the future.  I imagine this is
> just something to do with the way these DVB transport stream thingo's
> are organised, but I have no clue :\

> FTR, I have 3xAverMedia 771 DVB-T's running on FC2, with the 0.18.1
> RPMS from ATrpms.

   Was the used tuner previous tuned to that channel?
It failed to tune the new channel and recorded the
old one? This happened to me one with a
Timeout Getting PMT message in the log file. On
my other card the same thing produced the zero
byte recordings. I think this is fixed or being
fixed in the SVN version.