[mythtv-users] RF out from sat box to Nexus-s card in Mythbox

cardboil cardboil at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 06:38:46 UTC 2005

I have a satellite receiver box through which I get my regular satellite
channels (encrypted) -- but it does not have a PVR built in. I also have a
Mythbox with a Hauppauge Nexus-s DVB-S card (no, I don't have a PVR-x50 or
similar analog capture cards). Is it possible to run a cable from the RF out
of the sat receiver to the input of the Nexus-s DVB card? Will it work (i.e.,
tune the RF out signal coming from the sat receiver)? Or, is the Nexus-s
incapable of tuning anything but DVB signals? Thx.