[mythtv-users] OT: MythTV Home Automation

Simpson, Richard Richard.Simpson at wgint.com
Thu Oct 13 08:12:29 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org [mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org]On Behalf Of Thom Paine

"I forget the size offhand, but you can put something like a 350 picofarad capacitor to jump the phases to get the x10 signals to pass. But you better google it back up because I'm not sure. It talks about the signal having to run all the way out of the house to the pole to make the jump, whereas doing the jump in your panel."

I'm not endorsing your idea, but urge caution for anyone experimenting inside their breaker panel. Make sure such a capacitor has a voltage rating of at least 1000V, and tie it in downstream of the main breaker.

Richard.