[mythtv-users] Upgrading KnoppMyth to IVTV 0.4.x

Richard Bronosky mythtv at bronosky.com
Thu Oct 13 11:07:48 EDT 2005

I've been researching this for a few days now.  I've followed a few
guides, but never got everything to work.  (This may have been due to
IVTV 0.3.x bugs that have now been worked out.)  I want to get a
definitive answer in the archives so that this process is easier for all
in the future.

I've tried these URLs:
http://www.bitbenderforums.com/~ralpha6/knoppmyth/knoppmythtv.htm
"MythTV - An Open Source alternative to TiVo"
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4704 "My PVR-500 IVTV
Setup...{and pvr250, pcHDTV}"
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4822 "R5A16 Rocks!!!
PVR-250, PVR-500, and pcHDTV all work now."
http://ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto "IVTV Howto"

The first is for KnoppMyth R5A12 & IVTV 0.3.2s
The second is for KnoppMyth R5A15.1 & IVTV 0.3.5f
The third is for KnoppMyth RA516 & IVTV 0.3.6
The forth is for IVTV 0.4.0 but not specific to KnoppMyth

I know that IVTV 0.4.0 changed a few things, utilities and stuff I think.
So is there a definitive best guide for the KnoppMyth User/ Linux Newbie?
Are there any changes that need to be made to one of these guides to get
it ready for IVTV 0.4.0?

--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.