[mythtv-users] Firewire and DCT-6200

Devan Lippman devan.lippman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:10:18 UTC 2005

On 10/13/05, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 13 October 2005 01:09, Curtis Stanford wrote:
> >
> > So what's the difference between us and the people who seem to have
> > it working 100% ? I'm still thinking it may be the card or perhaps
> > the linux driver. I'm hoping anyone who is having success with this
> > mail in with their configurations.
> >
> > Curtis
>
> I was going to ask the same thing, I'm getting a firewire cable box soon
> and
> hope to get it working. I don't run Fedora, so I won't be using the
> "ATrpms"
> people talk about, but it would be interesting to get further information
> on
> this, if its the firewire chipset, the compilation of MythTV, the DCT box
> itself, etc....
>
> I'll be able to throw my 2cents in when I get my card.
>
> Steve

I run from source but I'm able to record with 100% reliability over
firewire. It probably should be noted that I only use the old analog
channels (below 100) and not any of the digital channels.
 00:0c.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
Controller (rev 46)
 I have libiec61883 installed (no idea the version, its all source and
relatively old)
libraw1394-1.2.0
libavc1394-0.5.0
gscanbus-0.7.1
kernel 2.6.8.1 <http://2.6.8.1>
 You shouldn't need all of that but its working so I haven't done any house
cleaning. I do remember that I had to change my node ID manually when I
first started using MythTV with firewire, but that seems to have been fixed.

--
Devan Lippman <devan at lippman dot net>