[mythtv-users] Apple iMac Remote

Tony Brummett brummett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:21:39 EDT 2005

On 10/13/05, Joseph A. Caputo <jcaputo1 at comcast.net> wrote:
> With built-in IR and iSight, the new iMac would make a sweet frontend,
> if a bit pricey.  Though, if you figure in the cost of an equivalent
> flat panel display + frontend PC, it's probably not that expensive.
> Anybody care to comment on how quiet (or not) recent iMacs are?

We have a 17" iMac, got it right after the previous update, not
yesterday's new model.  I can't hear the hard drive or DVD as it runs,
and the fans normally don't run at all as long as the room stays cool.
 It's in a small room that can get stuffy when all 3 computers are
running, but in the living room, or being the only computer, I doubt
the fans would turn on at all.

The fans are _very_ noticable when they do run, though.

-- Tony