[mythtv-users] QAM tuning issues

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 14:18:39 EDT 2005

I'm running a build from SVN about a week ago.
HD-3000 card works great when using, say mplayer, or azap+mplayer to tune. So
far have had no issues tuning between HD channels, but I have noticed the
following:

first, the mapping in the mythconverg channels do not work properly for
ED(again, over QAM, digital). I mapped them the same way as mapping the HD
channels, serviceid=program id ,freqid=frequency, mplexid properly mapped.
They seem to be working fine for HD so far, but for SD they all tune to a
different channel or no channel at all.
In mplayer one uses -tsprog to select a specific program id (which is what one
uses to map a channel in MythTV currently, and works fine with HD from what I
can tell) within the stream at that frequency, or you can feed it the
specific audio and video id's. from what I can tell, there is no way to do
this in MythTV, even though, it would be best for handling QAM tuners (ie
have an audio ID and video ID field) as some channels don't have properly
mapped program id's.

Second, tuning between SD and HD or HD and SD often gives
"DVB#0SI Table Parser Started
DVB#0 Rec: WARNING - Got data from card after 500ms
DVB#0 Data read from DMX - This is for debugging with transform.c"
repeatedly in the mythbackend terminal output
and
"Prebuffer wait timed out 10 times."
in the frontend repeatedly.
as well, the channel doesn't tune and mythfrontend freezes.
I haven't had an issue using mplayer's dvb:// command and tunning back and
forth between stations.

I have a feeling this is something best for the developers ears, but I thought
I'd throw it out here first...

Steve