[mythtv-users] Frontend with no window manager?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 18:05:40 EDT 2005

Search gossamer again, and you'll find that while you
can run a frontend without a window manager, you'll
may run into problems.

People who have run without window managers have
reported focus issues - windows not being properly
layered, so the wrong window is out in front.  So,
your MPlayer window might be on top, it might not be.

One thing that you could try is to compile ratpoison
for the XBox - it's a very small window manager, so it
shouldn't take up much in the way of resources.

-- Joe