[mythtv-users] why do i have a 2 gig limit on avi files

jondz jondz at dca.net
Fri Oct 14 10:47:44 EDT 2005

Hi

I'm new(re-subscribed) to the list.

Has anybody encountered this before:  I seem to
have a 2 gigabyte limit on avi files (transcoded
movies).  When either the Internal player or the
mythcommflag reaches that they just hang.  I know
the files are fine because gnome totem plays
them movies fine to the end.

quick facts about my box:

1. it used to be debian STABLE (kernel 2.4).
2. I turned it into UNSTABLE, and upgraded to 2.6.
3. I use XVID for transcoding.
4. I have compiled my own mythtv packages using
   the debian mythtv versions.

Whereas I am perfectly happy right now sticking
with < 2 hour movies I will be grateful for somebody
who points me in the right direction, thanks.

thanks for a great software!

jondz