[mythtv-users] /dev/lirc missing during FC4 setup

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:38:27 EDT 2005

On 14/10/05, coutch <mythtv at coutch.com> wrote:
> I'm having a very similar problem. (PVR 150 retail)
>
> Initially, following Jarod Wilson's instruction to the letter, my setup
> is working just fine, and the remote works.
>
> /dev/lirc0 exists, and /dev/lirc points to it.  There's also /dev/lircd
>
> I can watch live tv, play music, etc ... just fine.
>
> And suddenly, while watching live TV, I go to change the channel...  The
> remote simply stops responding.
>
> only /dev/lircd is left
>
> trying irw, it simply exits.
>
> mythbackend & mythfrontend don't echo any error messages.
>
> nothing new in /var/log/messages

You likely want to turn on udev logging. Edit your /etc/udev/udev.conf
files and set udev_log="yes".

Udev is responsible to device creation and removal, so is likely the
root cause of the problem (although it could still be LIRC). I'd start
logging whilst diagnosing the problem and see if this adds anything.

Nick