[mythtv-users] Firewire and DCT-6200

Curtis Stanford curtis at stanfordcomputing.com
Sat Oct 15 03:38:21 UTC 2005

OK, I think I've found something that helps with this firewire stuff.
See this message:

http://www.netzwerk-aktiv.com/pub/doc/newsletters/linux1394-user/html/
2344.html

I followed the advice in the first paragraph and typed:

plugctl -n 1 opcr[0].channel=63
plugctl -n 1 opcr[0].bcast_connection=1

Then I set the firewire connection to broadcast, 100Mbps in mythtv-
setup.

Now, the test-mpeg2 command works EVERY time (don't use the -r 1
argument, just test-mpeg2). Also, mythtv "Watch TV" command works
EVERY time where before it worked maybe 50% of the time or hung.

I have yet to see if it helps with my recordings being cut short but
I'll let the list know how it goes.

If anyone else benefits from this, please post your results.

Thanks

Curtis