[mythtv-users] apt-get upgrade = borked mythtv

Tom Hines tomhines at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 00:18:00 EDT 2005

Hello.  I did an apt-get update; apt-get upgrade today and now my
system is borked.  I can't play any video files -- no recordings or
other.  I get one second of audio and a blank screen.  I see no error
messages in /var/log/messages or /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log.  My
system locks up with X taking up 99% cpu.  I have to kill  X to get
back to mythtv.  I tried running mplayer and xine from the command
line and I get the same symptom.  Mythbackend seems to be recording
away as usual, though.  I just can't watch any recordings.  Too bad, I
really want to watch the latest nip-tuck.

Oh, and the latest mythtv from ATRPMS doesn't seem to be compiled with
XvMC.  I don't see the option "Use XvMC VLD (PVR-x50 only)" anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Tom
mythtv-0.18.1-114.rhfc3.at