[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Recording AV inputs on a DVB-T card

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 10:39:47 EDT 2005

I have 3 avermedia 771 DVB-T cards and they are running pretty much
beaut at the moment, but I wish to copy some video from an old VHS-C
camcorder to the linux PC for some video editing.

I know the avermedia cards have a video AV slot, but was wondering how
I could record that to my PC.  How do I get the sound in, and how does
it all come to be synchronised.

What format can I get it in?  I want to mix this video together with
some MiniDV AVI from a digital camera.  The authoring software being
used is Nero on a windows XP platform, but I have linux too if that is
a help.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.