[mythtv-users] not expiring

chris at cpr.homelinux.net chris at cpr.homelinux.net
Sun Oct 16 09:35:38 EDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 07:18:54PM -0400, perlguy9 wrote:
> Is there something else I need to do to make this happen? A cron job I'm
> missing or something?

Auto-expire is supposed to be controlled entirely by the back-end.  No
cron jobs required.

What file-system are you using?  Make sure the space reserved for root
is less than the free-space threshold in mythtv, or else you'll get a
"drive full" error before reaching the myth cut-off.

In the short term, try adding an episode limit to your recordings.  That
will give you some protection against the drive filling up.