[mythtv-users] How do I turn on auto-transcoding?

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Mon Oct 17 02:48:19 EDT 2005

Ian Ward wrote:

> ffrr wrote:
>
>> In the docs it says..
>>
>> "To enable automatic transcoding, do the following: start the setup
>> program under the host-specific settings: set the Transcoder Auto-run
>> checkbox"
>>
> I think you'll find it in the recording profiles.
> You can set auto-transcode in a recording profile.

Well I've set the default in the 'general' section of TV settings, and
that default is one of the recording profiles, but it doesn't do it
automatically.

The help text I quoted above implies it is done somewhere in
mythtv-setup when it says 'start the setup program' doesn't it?  I am
supposing they mean the General section when they say 'host-specific'?
Nevertheless, I cannot find it...