LVM *was* Re: [mythtv-users] Highest number of simultaneous streams recorded?

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 12:30:23 EDT 2005

Thanks Brandon, that makes sense. For a masterbackend server that will
probably have at most 2 clients, I don't get the feeling that striping the
drives is necessary from a performance standpoint. I'm still trying to
decide how to tackle the redundancy/backup issue. I'm wondering if doing
this via RAID is overkill.... Rather than introduce that complication maybe
I should just manually back the drives up every so often.