[mythtv-users] any way to disable OSD?

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 17:54:57 EDT 2005

Hi:

Is there any way I can disable all of the OSD stuff from being
displayed?  I've got an XP2600 with an 8X AGP GF4 MX440.  I can play
back 1080i content just barely, but when the processor is pegged, my
HD-2000 tends to drop out without recording the whole show (lots of
FBUS errors in dmesg).  Open GL timing working.

This problem goes away if I reduce CPU load by using XvMC.
Unfortunately, if I use XvMC with any on-screen artifact, the
playback stutters and then locks hard.

1.  Is there something I should be doing to better configure XvMC to
avoid the stuttering/ lockups?

2.  Is there some way that I can have no OSD information displayed?
Like set the OSD delay time to 0 seconds or something?  I can live
without an OSD, but not hard locks.

Thanks,
John.