[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Tue Oct 18 07:36:27 EDT 2005

> Alex Cruz wrote:

> Truly, I was blaming the antenna and all sorts of things until I
> discovered Kaffeine doesn't suffer nearly as bad as myth.  Kaffeine only
> show a glitch very occasionally.  Other TV's and digital set top boxes
> in my house show virtually flawless pictures (we have a good strong
> signal), but I did hear some stories that the twinhan cards used to need
> a very strong signal, but then again I also read that the newer ones,
> like my mini ter card, are a lot better.  Anyway, if Kaffeine, on the
> same machine, can show a nice clean picture, then I think the rules out
> signal problems (or does it?).

Hi Alex,

No idea why your kaffeine picture is better but I was fighting about
a year with the Twinhan VisionPlus DVB-T card until I finally called the
reseller and he suggested swapping the card to another. We did that and the
reception have been absolutely flawless.
Seems like there is a big difference in the sensitivity of the tuner on those
cards...

BRGDS

Dag