[mythtv-users] Building channels.conf for Exeter/Beacon Hill, UK

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 07:46:14 EDT 2005

Hi, got fairly far setting up my MythTV box. How to I find out what
transmitter I am using, I think it is Beacon Hill that is in Exmouth bot not
certain, how can I find out? The other thing is I then need to find out the
frequency. I found this whitch may be relevent:-

I am testing my hardware settup with scan. The problem is there is not a
'config' file for my transmitter. I have tried them all. For
uk-ChristalPalace and uk-Oxford I get 100% SNR, a list of channels but no
signel. So I guess I need to build a uk-BeaconHill from scratch. I have
founs this:-

In countries where a 8MHz bandwidth is used, the DVB-T frequency in MHz
is calculated from a UHF channel number (in the range 22 to 68) by the
following formula:

centre frequency = (UHF Channel Number)*8 + 306

I am in the UK so I think this is what I need. I then found this -
http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_sw.html,
whitch seems to be a list of channel
number.<http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_sw.html>

So I guess Mux 1 = 52*8 + 306 = 722

However this number looks a lot to small (compared with what I have for
other transmitters).

Any ideas?

Ben
--
Ben Edwards - Bristol, UK, England
WARNING:This email contained partisan views - dont ever accuse me of using