[mythtv-users] Starting to think I should use Kaffeine instead of Mythtv

ffrr ffrr at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 18 08:07:53 EDT 2005

Niels Dybdahl wrote:

>     > As for picture quality in LiveTV and recording, what I
>     >am watching is acceptable for non-HD television.
>     >

>     What is frustrating is that the picture from my DVB card is excellent,
>     even in myth when it's not glitching.   Myth must be using it
>     differently to Kaffeine (which uses Xine) as obviously the drivers
>     and
>     hardware are still the same.
>

> Maybe it is a question of deinterlacing ?
> You do not describe the differences, that you observe, so it is hard
> to help...
>
> Niels Dybdahl

You are right, I only described it in a previous posting.

What I see is a sudden patch of digital noise / pixelisation, often
associated with a chirping sound in the audio.  This might happen every
few seconds for a while then go away for a minute or two, only to return
randomly.  Also it is of various severities, sometimes just a minor
fuzzy pixel patch, sometime a large streak of random colour pixels.
Sometimes the audio just skips a bit, other times it is a very loud
noise burst.

Does that sound like anything you've seen before?